Thursday, March 10, 2011

HOPE 0001

You may feel like you are at the edge of what you can handle. You may feel desperate for relief, for help, something .... anything. It's your heart. Your mind. But if feels physical.

I am not a medical provider but I have felt something similar to what you are feeling. This is what I want you to do right now; Stop. Take a deep breath. Really. Take a deep, deep breath in through your nose, hold it for just a second, and let it out through your mouth. Did you do it? Good for you. Now, there's not much I can tell you about how you will feel tomorrow that you can believe right now so, I will simply tell you this: God understands. Now don't wrestle with the questions or your anger just yet, try to remove all of that from your mind right now and try to think only: God understands. He knows.
Now, take another deep breath: in through your nose, out through your mouth.

If you are able, roll both of your shoulders to the front, then up, backward, and back down. Try it again -- a circle. I'll tell you this. With everything that's going on right now, your feelings may not be your most reliable gauge. So, just for now, just for today, try to set it aside and try to know that God understands. Take what energy you have and try to get a hold of that.

We're almost done for today. Now I want to tell you something that was written about God a long, long time ago. It is this:
                                       ... for he has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you."


That's all for right now. I have prayed for you.


I hope you can visit me again tomorrow.





"Scripture quotations are from the Holy Bible, English Standard Version, copyright © 2001 by Crossway Bibles, a division of Good News Publishers. Used by permission. All rights reserved."

No comments:

Post a Comment